Apple Macbooks are known for its productivity and people laud their products for its legacy. A statistics report from Statista shows a gradual leap in the MacBook sales since 2006 inferring apple MacBook’s indispensable reach among people. Are you one of the geeks fond of apple experience and do you possess a MacBook? Are you planning to sell your old MacBook and eye for a new PC or looking for a new MacBook pro?
Does your MacBook show some stutters or hiccups slowing down your productivity? We strongly recommend you wipe all the internals to hop data breach before you sell it to someone. We guide you how to apply the appropriate steps to factory reset your MacBook pro either to sell it or to retract your munchkin’s performance. You must need to make sure that the laptop works properly and has to do its service regularly. So if you want to fix any problem in your laptop you can visit Best Laptop Repair Company.
How to back up your data before resetting Macbook pro?
We suggest you back up rather than facing the apprehension of data loss after recycling your mac to its purchase phase.
You can backup your data in iCloud but if you run out of space you may need to subscribe to continue their cloud services. We prefer Macbook’s default ingredient here.
Make use of a time machine, an inbuilt component to back up your belongings. It’s an innate element which allows you to back up all of your mac’s images, videos and documents.
1. Get an external hard drive having enormous storage and connect it to your Macbook pro.
2. On docking the drive, a window pops up and asks your approval to use the external disk as a backup nexus.
3. Check the Encrypt Backup Disk option and hit the Use as Backup Disk pill at the bottom of the window.
4. The files and data will be updated to the drive following your selection of backup disk.
Tweak subsequent associates of the ecosystem:
Not only the data from the pc should be backed up, but you should also sign-out the process from subsidiaries like Itunes, Imessage Icloud and perform the respective actions to complete the factory reset process.
Sign out of your iTunes:
In macOS Catalina, iTunes is stacked inside the new music app and you need to perform the sign out process inside it.
1. Head to the music app from your MacBook.
2. Select preferences from the menu bar and snap the general tab.
3. Click the iTunes store from the general tab and deauthorize your account from your PC after typing your Apple ID and password.
Sign out of your iCloud:
The upcoming tread is authorizing the iCloud account.
1. Go to System Preferences.
2. Click the iCloud and tap Sign Out option.
3. Uncheck all the boxes of the picture-in-picture window pop-up and tap on the continue button.
4. Validate your approval by entering the Apple ID and password.
That’s all, you got your leg out of the iCloud.
Sign out of your iMessage:
One more component of the ecosystem you need to turn dormant is iMessage.
1. Head to the messages app.
2. Choose messages.
3. Hit the Preference and click the iMessage.
4. Click the Sign Out and transpire from the application.
Factory reset your MacBook pro:
After finishing all the back process, enter the recovery mode. Follow the sequence as below:
Two processes as a whole define the factory reset of your MacBook; Erase and Reinstall OS.
1. Restart your Mac and hold the command and R keys together.
2. When you see the Apple logo, just free the keys.
3. A window named macOS Utilities will pop up and you can witness an array of options.
1. Now hit the Disk Utility option from the macOS Utilities and snap the continue button.
Now you will get directed to another window where you can view two volumes of your MacBook, one is Macintosh HD and the other is Macintosh HD- Data. Macintosh HD comprises all the OS components and Macintosh HD data encompasses all your data.
1.Select Macintosh HD – Data
2. A popup will ask you to confirm your further actions.
3. Hit the delete capsule and your Macintosh HD Data is deleted.
4. Now select the Macintosh HD from the side page and tap the erase button from the pop-up window.
5.Exit the disk utility.
Reinstall the macOS:
Now you will be sent back to the macOS utility window and do the following steps to reinstall the macOS.
1. Choose Reinstall macOS and you will be directed seamlessly to install the macOS.
2. It may take a bit longer and after the process is complete, your machine is ready to use.